Thursday, October 30, 2008

Now Showing: High School Musical 3

I finally got the chance to watch the latest (and last) installment of the High Musical franchise and what can I say? It rocked big time! :D

hsm_3

I loved the choreography, the songs and it's good that all of the main cast got to sing their last hurrah!

The story is set to the senior year of the Wildcats with the championship game opening the movie. Of course, Wildcats won and then they prepare for their prom with the theme, Last Waltz. The Drama Club then enlists the whole class for their play aptly entitled The Senior Year. They get to play themselves as the characters of the elaborate spring musical. Each character reflects their fears and hopes for the future.

Kelsey is in-charge of music while Ryan does the choreography. To make things more exciting, representatives from the Juilliard School will be in attendance and Kelsey, Ryan, Sharpay and Troy will be observed as they are being considered for admission. Sweet!

Gabriella, on the other hand, has been accepted to Stanford University and she is in a dilemma because she doesn't want to leave Albuquerque just yet. She wants to slow down and is torn big time. So is Troy because he wants the best for Gabriella but at the same time wants to be with her. He's also confused with what he would like to do in the future.

There's also a new girl in school who applied as an assistant to Sharpay. She seemed nice but later in the end her true colors were revealed as she just wanted to take over Sharpay's role in the Drama Club.

While watching the film, I can't help but get teary-eyed as I wax nostalgic about my own senior year in high school. It was so fun and I remembered prom night too and graduation where my friends and I cried while singing the graduation song. Ah, that was one of the best years of my life!

This is a must-see movie and the thought that I won't be seeing them all again makes me sad so I'm hoping this won't be the last of the series LOL

I hope you find the time to watch it too and let me know what you think *wink*

No comments:

 Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers everywhere! Welcome back to me as well! 😄 It has been a very long time since my last entry. I am...