Monday, October 13, 2008

Health is Wealth

Yeah, I know it's cliche but really I got to appreciate my health more when I got hospitalized last week for Amoebiasis. It was a nightmare I wouldn't want to go through again not to mention very scary because I'm also 15wks pregnant. Imagine my horror when the OB-Gyne said she couldn't find my baby's heartbeat! I swear I could've died at that instant but good thing I didn't (LOL) because when we went to the ER, the nurses there patiently located my baby and we heard the heartbeat at last! Turned out the doctor was just not the most patient person at all and for sure I wouldn't be returning to her for a check-up.

That was also the second time for me to be hospitalized the first one when I gave birth. I'm not so afraid of doctors and needles anymore maybe because I know what needs to be done will be done, whether I like it or not. Important thing is I get well in the end and get to go home to my family again. I missed them so much! I missed sleeping in our small bed, I missed the smile and laughter of my son, and I could go on and on but it will never be enough to describe how happy I was when I was finally discharged from the hospital. I got a good night's sleep, the best since my stay at the hospital.

I stayed at the OB ward and there were a lot of women checking in and out who have just given birth. I remembered my experience too and from the looks of it, I can say it's really different strokes for different folks. Some of them were already up and moving just hours after giving birth while some can barely move. I think it's all in the mind and will power. I am not the most courageous person out there but when it was my turn, just hours after delivering normally, I mustered enough courage to walk outside my room to visit my baby who was at the incubator then. The other patients were surprised because maybe they didn't expect it from me. In my case, my motivation was to finally see my baby and and it was more than enough to make me stronger and withstand the pain.

Right now, I am still recovering but definitely I learned my lesson albeit the hard way, expensive and painful way. I even wanted to chastise myself for my carelessness but then, it already happened and I could never bring it back. I'll just go on living but this time, mindful that whatever happens to me, happens to my baby too. And that I would never allow anything bad to happen to my precious one.

Thanks to my family who took care of me and stayed with me at the hospital, my friends who sent me their wishes for a fast recovery, to my hubby of course for never leaving my side (well, technically he left at night to go home because it's only Pinchy and his nanny at home but you get the gist :D), to the nurses who were very patient in checking my baby's heartbeat every now and then to make sure his heartbeat returned to normal, and also for never failing to give me my medicine and for checking on me, to the doctors too, and of course, to our Almighty God for giving me the stregth as I went through everything. Truly, He never gives us something we couldn't bear for He will always be by our side making sure we make it through til the end. Amen.

1 comment:

Amor said...

Good thing okay ka at ang baby mo Rona. Dati rin mga 15 weeks pa lang akong preggy noon at nag spotting ako, so pumunta kami agad sa hospital. Sabi ng OB di daw nya marinig yung heartbeat ng baby. Halos di ako makahinga ng sinabi nya yun... nakaka nerbyos diba? Nag ultrasound kami para makasiguro at okay naman nakahinga na ako ng maluwag, haha!

Ngayon naman parehas kaming inuubo ng baby ko. :(

 Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers everywhere! Welcome back to me as well! 😄 It has been a very long time since my last entry. I am...