Friday, September 18, 2009

A Night of Great Music with Bamboo

I have always been a big music fan. When I got the text message last Friday informing me that I won VIP tickets to Bamboo's concert at the new Skydome in SM North Edsa, I was beside myself with excitement! I just realized that yeah, I also needed to unwind as I have been so busy with work and taking care of the kids :)

My youngest brother and I watched the concert last Sept. 12 and boy was it amazing! First, what we got were really VIP tickets as we were seated right at the front row! First time ever I got to watch a great concert right in front! I know my post is full of exclamation but yes, just thinking about my experience makes me want to relive that night again. Bamboo, as usual, gave a stellar performance and rocked the Skydome. I have watched them before in free mall shows and watching them again made me realize that yes, they're one of the best bands that we have out there. They sang one hit to another and also performed one of my favorites, Waiting in Vain. I think they sang about 15 songs in all coming from all of their albums. The crowd went wild when they sang their old hits from their former band, Rivermaya. It was so old school hearing them perform Ulan, Kisapmata, Awit ng Kabataan and Hinahanap-hanap kita. The audience was singing along to every song and it was one great night that I will never forget. Bamboo Manalac, Nathan Azarcon, Ira Cruz and Vic Mercado gave an incredible performance. Oh and by the way, the concert was opened by Up dharma Down, another band to watch out for. The vocals of Armi Mallare was chilling and that's in a good way. There's so much emotion in her singing and it made the night more magical.

The concert ended past 11pm and it was drizzling when we got out of the venue but there was no trace of tiredness or sleepiness on my part considering I only slept for an hour that day and I had to work on the night shift the previous night. I guess it erased the stress I was dealing with and left me refreshed again :)

I would like to thank Viva Entertainment for giving me VIP tickets! You can also win tickets for yourself and it's easy to join. Just log on to Viva Entertainment and register. Current promos are listed there and just visit the forums to join. Winners are notified via SMS and tickets can be claimed at the Viva office in Ortigas. That's so easy, isn't it? I'm such a sucker for freebies and I also won numerous times from Yummy magazine and Getzmo! as well and it's so great to win free stuff especially for something that you truly enjoy :) Thanks Viva! Hope to win more next time!

1 comment:

Lorela U. Sandoval said...

uy, a lucky mom! di tlg ako masuwerte sa mga ganyan. good for you. :)

i love bamboo din. last time i watched them was in baguio pa, few years back :)

 Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers everywhere! Welcome back to me as well! 😄 It has been a very long time since my last entry. I am...