Monday, October 19, 2009

Choosing the Right Infant Formula

When I was still pregnant with my first born, I was clueless about a lot of things concerning motherhood. I thought if I buy his things branded, it will be better albeit more expensive. But yeah, I just wanted to give him the best and that included his formula milk. Unfortunately I only breastfed my eldest for a month and after that, nothing came out anymore. There was no choice but to feed him infant formula. There are a lot of choices in the market and I opted to go for one of the expensive ones as I equated it with quality.

However, there came a time when due to financial constraints, we had to switch to another brand. We chose another milk coming from the same manufacturer but more affordable. I checked the label and guess what; they almost have the same content! So I checked it more and realized I was only paying for the brand name but in essence they have the same quality because of course, all store brand formula are approved and regulated by FDA.

With this, let’s be careful in choosing the right formula for our children. Not buying the expensive ones doesn’t mean we don’t want the best for them but it just means we want to be economical and at the same time give them the best. In this difficult times I believe we can be wise spenders and give the best care for our children too.

Post?slot_id=70082&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

1 comment:

chitgoks said...

visiting ;) - disneyusa

 Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers everywhere! Welcome back to me as well! 😄 It has been a very long time since my last entry. I am...